Support Young Engineers Shape the World (YESW)
Are you interested in sharing your story with a group of young women interested in engineering?
Then become a mentor for Young Engineers Shape the World (YESW). As a mentor, you can be involved in any/all of the following, depending on your preferences:
- After school classroom visits that occur for 90 minutes at various high schools around the valley
- Informational interviews with students
- Reverse career fair events (e.g. Girls Make-a-thon)
- Discussion panel at a YESW event
- Offer a tour of your industry/workplaces
- Be filmed for a brief informational video to be included in activities and online media
Invest Your Time
As a mentor, you will help support students at six partner schools, and assist the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering in fostering awareness and appreciation of all disciplines of engineering. We are seeking passionate people who want to help guide and empower young women through engineering activities, career exploration and identity development. If this sounds like you, please submit the YESW Volunteer Intake Form. A representative from the program will contact you shortly after receiving your information.