National Summer Transportation Institute
Are you an Arizona high school student interested in learning more about engineers and how they impact our world and society? The National Summer Transportation Institute will engage you in projects and virtual field trips that demonstrate how engineers plan and maintain our systems of transportation around the state of Arizona. As an NSTI participant you will interact with ASU engineering faculty and students, attend virtual workshops, engage in transportation-related virtual visits, and complete field work related to maintaining safe, sustainable, and efficient transit. Accepted students will receive materials, including a TI-Nspire™ calculator, and a program t-shirt in the mail before their first day. This program is FREE and is designed for highly accomplished and motivated students.
This program is funded in partnership with the U.S. Federal Highway Administration and the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Early application deadline is April 30, 2021 at 11:59pm. Final deadline is May 22, 2021.
- Must be an Arizona resident
- Must be entering grades 11 or 12 in fall 2021
- Minimum unweighted GPA: 2.5
BEFORE beginning this application, please have the following information ready.
- Your unweighted cumulative GPA
- Your most current unofficial transcripts
- A letter of recommendation from a high school math or science teacher on school letterhead
- A one-page letter of interest explaining
- Why you are a good fit for the program
- What you hope to learn from the experience
Accepted students can choose to participate during one of the following weeks:
- Week 1: June 28 – July 2, 2021
- Week 2: July 12 – July 16, 2021