September 8, 2018 from 9am – 4pm.
ASU Tempe Campus Memorial Union. 2nd floor
1290 S. Normal Ave
Tempe, AZ 85287
Parking available in the Apache Parking Structure located at 1112 S Normal Ave, Tempe, 85281. Map
- FIRST LEGO League Jr. Info Session and Workshop
- FIRST LEGO League Kickoff and Workshops
- Team Friendly Sessions:
- Robot Game Reveal! – Join us at 9:00 am in the Ventana Ballroom where our Head Referee Scott Gray will be revealing and answering questions about this year’s robot game. The session is open to the public and all coaches and team members are welcome to attend.
- Panel of Experts – Worried about finding an expert to talk to about your project? Look no further! We have been working hard to provide FLL team members with a Panel of Experts that work with space in all different capacities to give you some insight into your project questions. All FLL team members are welcome to come and be prepared to ask our experts any questions you may have.
- Coach Centered Sessions:
- Don’t Forget the Rubric! – Taught by FLL supporter, volunteer, and mom – Myrna Rolfness, this workshop focuses on how to use the FLL rubrics to prepare your team for a fantastic season.
- Coach’s Tips and Tricks – Taught by our long-time volunteer Mark Pond, this session will focus on answering questions new coaches may have as well as providing best practices for being an FLL coach.
- Tournament Day 101 – Wondering what the tournament day will look like? Take it from our FLL mentor and volunteer Braxton. He will walk you through what to expect on tournament day.
- Let’s Get to the Core (Values) – Long time FLL volunteer and Head Core Values Judge for Arizona, Nancy Okabe, will be presenting on how we view the core values as judges and how we should be presenting them to our kids.
- Team Friendly Sessions:
- FIRST TECH Challenge Kickoff and Workshops
- Cross Program Workshops
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can team members attend workshops?
- That depends on the program. For FRC and FTC (middle and high school), team members are invited and encouraged to attend workshops. For FLL (upper elementary and middle school), workshops are geared toward coaches and mentors, however our robot game release and Panel of Experts are for team members too! That said, ALL team members must be supervised by an adult. FLL Jr. workshop is for both parents and children.
- What is the “Panel of Experts”?
- The panel of experts will include organizations or individuals whose work focuses on the topic of the current season. It is geared toward FLL and FLL Jr. teams that are working on their research for their projects but it is open to EVERYONE including members of the public.
- What workshops will be offered? Do I need to sign up for each?
- We do not have any workshops this year that require pre-registration.
- Who do I contact to learn more about each program?
- FIRST Robotics Competition (high school only) – Annalisa Regalado email@example.com
- FIRST Tech Challenge (Grades 7-12) – Christine Sapio firstname.lastname@example.org or Dave Thompson email@example.com
- FIRST LEGO League (ages 9-14) – Hilary Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jr FIRST LEGO League (ages 6-9) – Hilary Mitchell email@example.com
Learn about more Fulton Schools Outreach Opportunities: