How to Register…
…to become an FLL team:
1. Register your team after creating an account at at https://www.firstinspires.org. Submit your background screening.
2. Invite an alternate coach. Make sure he or she accepts the invitation and submits his or her background check. (This person only needs to be able to be present in case of your absence)
3. Pay your $225 fee. FIRST W-9 Form – for school districts that need it.
…for a Qualifying Tournament:
1. First, visit our Tournaments page to decide on which tournament date and location works best for your team.
2. Once you have decided upon a tournament, visit our RegOnline site in order to enter your team information and pay the $95 tournament fee. (Remember, tournaments have a maximum capacity and may fill up quickly)
3. Be sure you receive a confirmation email. if you do not, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment & Product
In order to officially participate and compete as an Arizona FIRST Lego League Team, you need to be sure to make payments and order product to the below parties:
1. FIRST – You will not be able to order any product from Lego until your registration fee is paid to FIRST.
Field Kit – Once you have registered as a FIRST team, you will be eligible to order your field kit from the Lego Education website.
EV3 – The EV3 robot can be purchased at any time. You will notice, however, that there are two options for the robot. The Lego Mindstorms EV3 Education Set and the Mindstorms Retail Set. Both versions are acceptable to compete with, however, the education set with comes equipped with additional software and sensors that the retail set does not have. However, you are able to add those items separately at a later date if you choose to start with the retail version. CLICK HERE to be directed to Lego Education website.
3. Qualifying Tournament – Qualifying Tournaments are paid for using RegOnline. ASU accepts both credit cards and check. If you are paying via check, please have the check addressed to Arizona State University (NOT to FLL) and mailed to:
501 E Tyler Mall
ECG Office 252
Tempe AZ, 85287
Learn about more Fulton Schools Outreach Opportunities: