Challenge | Innovation Project
Project judging in FLL can be compared to research presentations given at a scientific conference, except FLL project presentations are typically a whole lot more fun! Teams present a challenge-related problem they have researched and analyzed. They also present their innovative solution to that problem, and tell about how and with whom they shared their research. These steps parallel the scientific research process in the “real world”. All of this information is communicated in a creative presentation to the judges that takes no more than 5 minutes, including setup time. Additional time is reserved for questions.
What to Bring
Depending on the style of presentation, different materials may be needed. However, teams are encouraged to include a one-page brief summary on their project that the innovation project judges can keep.
|Judging Sessions Overview||Remote events will use this process for the remote judging sessions. For the RePLAY season, the three judging categories will be combined into one session.||Link to PDF|
|Judging Session Rubrics||Rubrics for the RePLAY season have been updated to accomodate for remote events.||Link to PDF|
- What problem are you solving?
- What solutions already solve this problem?
- How did you learn about _______________? How did you find out that _______________ is a problem?
- Did you meet with any experts? What did they help you with?
- Did you share your project with anyone? What feedback did they give you, if any?
- If you could share your project with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
- What is unique about your project? Why is your solution better?
- Have you made any progress towards implementing your solution? What are your obstacles?