Arizona FIRST LEGO League
Welcome to FLL Jr. (First Lego League Junior)
The Arizona Jr. FLL is a great program for teachers, parents, after school, clubs or extra curricular programs. It a wonderful platform for students ages 4-6 years old to work as team to solve problems and better understand our world. Each year a challenge is presented by the FIRST program. This challenge acts as the center piece of a teams work.
The Jr. FLL program is currently ran out of the K-12 Outreach Program with the Ira Fulton Schools of Engineering. Your contact for questions and concerns can be directed to your Arizona Jr. FLL contact Shane Bycott at email@example.com.
What is Jr. FLL?
The Junior Program is very straight forward fun program (link to Registration through FIRST):
- Create an Account with FIRST if you are a new user then…
- Become a Certified Coach through FIRST (Recommend at least 2 coaches)
- Register a Team and Get Started…
- 4-6 years in age with up to 6 students on a team.
- Use kits, used Lego, old Lego, or new your imagination is your guide.
- Use the yearly challenge to help in your adventure.
- Do some research and build.
- Participate in an EXPO
- Minimal Registration Fee.
- Teams present to judges a show me board (tri-fold science fair style with all information team researched)
- Team show their work to peers and learn from others.
- There are 3-4 Official EXPOS each year.