Arizona FIRST LEGO League
About FIRST LEGO League
FIRST = For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology. FIRST LEGO League (FLL) is an exciting and fun global robotics program, designed to ignite an enthusiasm for discovery of the basic principles of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in teams of 3-10 children, ages 9 to 14.
Guided by a team coach and assisted by mentors, the children:
- Research and solve a real-world problem, based on the challenge theme
- Present the team’s research and solutions
- Build an autonomous robot, using engineering concepts
Using the yearly challenges, FLL:
- Entices children to think like scientists and engineers
- Provides a fun, creative, hands-on learning experience
- Teaches children to experiment and overcome obstacles
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Inspires children to participate in science and technology
No matter what the child’s subject interest, FLL offers an opportunity for engagement. Whether it is by creativity, technology or research, FLL dares children to test, explore, expand, or completely change thoughts and approaches for different sciences.
Or check out these helpful links: