Interested in learning how the field of engineering can be a force for good in the world? Team up with fellow high school students for an exciting introduction to the world of robotics. During the camp, students will compete in the National Underwater Robotics Competition and work on a team to build a robot to conduct a simulated mission to save scientists trapped in an underwater cave. Learn concepts and skills like buoyancy, electrical wiring, and autonomy in a fun and hands-on way and meet Desert WAVE, currently the top ranked underwater robotics team in the country! No experience is necessary!
Additional camp information:
Camp date: June 11-16, 2024 (day camp)
Camp location: Arizona State University- Polytechnic campus
Who can apply to attend?
Students who meet these requirements may apply to attend:
- Arizona residents or students residing is Arizona over the summer with family.
- Rising 11th and 12th graders
- Good academic standing GPA
What is the cost? $600.00 *
*Plus a non-refundable application fee of $15. If you are admitted to the summer program, the fee will be deducted from your camp cost.
What does the cost include?
The cost for the ASU Underwater Robotics camp includes 4 days at camp and 2 days at the National Underwater Robotics Competition.
- Hands-on project (and supplies) facilitated by ASU Fulton Schools of Engineering faculty member
- Entry to National Underwater Robotics Competition
- Project base activities
- Lunch and light snacks
- Tours of engineering Labs and ASU Campus
- ASU Application Fee Waiver ($50.00 Value)
- FSE swag and T-shirt
When to apply for camp?
|January 26, 2024
|Priority registration deadline
|February 16, 2024
|March 29, 2024
|Camp payment due
|April 12, 2024