LEGO® Robotics Camp
Campers will build and program functional robots using the LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime kits. Students will begin by building a basic robot equipped with programmable sensors. Then, students can let their imagination soar as they adapt their robots to complete a variety of challenges including a line-following challenge, climb-the-mountain challenge, and everyone’s favorite, the sumo ring tournament!
This camp will be held on the ASU Tempe campus. Each day of June 19, 20, and 21 is a day camp.
Camp for rising grades 5th and 6th
|June 19-21, 2023||8:30 am – 3:30 pm|
- Students complete a series of 30 progressive activities that guide them through building and programming a basic robot equipped with a variety of sensors.
- Students will design, build, and program a robot to solve one or more challenges. Students will complete challenges by either adapting their basic robot or designing a brand-new robot. Students’ robots will be challenged to:
- Climb a steep (and slippery) incline
- Navigate a maze autonomously using sensors
- Complete a maze by following a line using a light sensor
- Compete in a fun Sumo robot tournament
- Complete a few missions from the 2022-2023 SUPERPOWERED FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL) season
- Learn about robots in real life to spark interest in STEM careers
Hosted by Engineering Outreach and Recruitment
|June 19-21, 2023||8:30 am – 3:30 pm||$150.00|
*Registration fee includes specialty LEGO pieces and other materials required for the camp.