Are you an Arizona high school student interested in learning more about engineers and how they impact our world and society? The National Summer Transportation Institute will engage you in projects and field trips that demonstrate how engineers plan and maintain our systems of transportation around the state of Arizona. As an NSTI participant you will live on campus for one week while interacting with ASU engineering faculty and students, engaging in transportation-related field trips, and completing a project related to maintaining safe, sustainable, and efficient transit. This program is FREE and is designed for highly accomplished and motivated students.
This program is funded in partnership with the U.S. Federal Highway Administration and the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- Must be an Arizona resident
- Must be entering grades 11 or 12 in fall 2022
- Minimum unweighted GPA: 2.5
BEFORE beginning this application, please have the following information ready.
- Your unweighted cumulative GPA
- Your most current unofficial transcripts
- A letter of recommendation from a high school STEM or CTE teacher on school letterhead
- A letter of interest explaining (no more than one page)
- Why you are a good fit for the program
- What you hope to learn from the experience
Camp dates: Sunday, June 5 – Friday, June 10, 2022
This application is now closed.